Friday, May 08, 2009

Slobs

Something has been annoying me these past few days. The other day I went for a hike after work. I parked in a rather uncommon spot for the trail head, only hikers who are super familiar with these particular trails park at this spot.

So I parked, and go hiking. It was a good hike, up to Mt. Tom, played around the mountain a bit, then back to the car.

So as I am getting back to the car I notice a discarded Pretzel Time food container discarded on the ground. In the middle of the trail, not 50 feet from the parking spot. One of those cups that the pretzel bites come in. I thought maybe I didn't see it when I embarked on my trip...but no...no, I'm pretty sure it wasn't there.

Being the good doobie I am I picked it up...yep, fresh grease in the bottom of the container and not a speck of dust, dirt, or other nature-goodness in it. As I was mumbling under my breath about how lazy people are I noticed there was a new car parked next to me. It wasn't there when I had left.

And guess what was on the dashboard...a fresh solo container of Pretzel Time dipping cheese that goes along with the pretzel bites. I said to myself "are you serious. Really? Are you kidding me??" I so felt like taking that pretzel time cup and putting in under the guy's windshield wiper with a note saying "ground is not trash can, slob!"

So, Mr. VW Passat driver...pick your crap up off of the ground. Squirrels don't like pretzel bites. And I find it ironic that you are probably the outdoorsy somewhat fit type out for a hike, yet before you left you consumed 1000 calories of butter-filled heart-stopping crap food. Yeck.

No comments: