Tuesday, January 05, 2010

The New Year

We rung in the new year by going to see Avatar in 3d. This was the first time I was able to actually see a 3d movie without getting sick. They do not use those red-blue glasses any more. This is good for me as they really messed around with my balance.

The movie, which was awesome, was followed up by dinner with friends at Ginzu in Bloomfield, CT.

Right now I am starting the new year with an annoying head cold. Just enough to make me sneeze every other minute and have a constant runny nose. Argh! Does not make for good hiking when you have a runny nose and go outside in the cold air.

So today I sit here, 10:30 in the morning, and wonder what I should do. What I'd like to do is go walk around outside. What I should do is go get a tarp so I can tune my skis and also go grocery shopping. The wife would like some cereal. Ugh, breakfast? Eww.

Speaking of skiing, I have not been yet. I haven't updated skinut.net. At all. I should probably get on both of those, eh? I should also brush up on my French for the trip to Canada. The phrase "Brush up" means "re learn all over again," lol.

I'd also like to take advantage of the winter landscape and work on a bit of winter photography...but that involves going outside. Perhaps I can find a book or a website with tips.

No comments: