Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Maine Primitive Gathering

I have just returned from the Maine Primitive Gathering. Leah and I spent the weekend up there learning all sorts of new things; Birdcalling, plant identification, trading blankets, etc... all cool stuff.

I got to meet a lot of interesting people who share the same interest of relearning some of the lost arts from 'primitive' times. Personally I partook in learning some flintnapping, blacksmithing, knife making, plant identification, bird calling, an archery tournament (borrowed a bow), potluck dinner, and of course camping.

The gentleman teaching the flintnapping is actually known as one of the top flint-nappers in the world, an experience I was not about to pass by. I also got to meet Mr. Arthur Haines, one of the top plant experts in the world as well.

The experience in itself was totally awesome and I look forward to hopefully spending more time with these people learning new skills. I just wish it was a bit closer than Maine.

No comments: